Success with Dutch Mill Bulbs Fundraising Programs
You’ve chosen one of the most profitable fundraisers for your organization – now make sure everyone gets excited about raising money with Dutch Mill Bulbs! Our 50+ years of experience has proven that an enthusiastic group is the number one key to your success.
Top 10 Fundraising Success Tips
- Timing is everything – try to schedule your fundraiser so it doesn’t compete with other events in the area.
- Get the whole community behind you. Local media, workplace bulletin boards, etc. can help spread the word far beyond your circle of family and friends.
- Set a specific goal (higher than last year, but attainable) and make sure everyone knows that their efforts will benefit the entire group. Distribute an announcement (See Example: Fundraiser Kick Off Letter) describing the purpose of the fundraiser, your $ goal, sales expectations, and time frame.
- Select a highly motivated and organized individual as the group leader. Excitement is contagious!
- Hold a kickoff meeting and make it an event!
- Generate excitement – this is fun!
- Introduce the group leader
- Organize into sales teams with specific territories
- Stress the importance of everyone’s participation
- Use the kickoff meeting to let members announce individual goals
- Don’t assume everyone knows what they’re supposed to do. Review the plan with each sales team to answer questions.
- Make copies of these helpful Top 10 Fundraising Success Tips and distribute them to everyone. Review the tips at your kickoff meeting.
- Set a clear end date. We recommend 2-3 weeks.
- Consolidate individual orders and forward to Dutch Mill Bulbs via mail, e-mail, fax (800-556-0539), or phone (800-533-8824). To order online, please visit our Fundraising Flower Bulbs page.
- When your order arrives, carefully check it against the accompanying packing list before you distribute any packages. Immediately report any discrepancies by calling Dutch Mill Bulbs at 1-800-533-8824.
- Hold a wrap-up meeting to thank everyone, share the results of your fundraiser and distribute awards. Express your gratitude and recognize key individuals with a letter (See Example: Fundraiser Wrap Up Letter). You’ll have an even better fundraiser next year when you end on an exciting high note!Good Luck!